Is it too bold to say I just revolutionized breakfast? Because really, I did. Monday mornings will feel like Saturdays. Brunch with your in laws will be a picnic in the park. Holidays? Just got more joyful.
This is it people, breakfast does not get better than this.
I love a good crepe. I really really love a good crepe. Filled with fluffy creamy filling and topped with something rich and tasty. Chocolate filling, mousse filling, vanilla filling, orange-cream filling… top it with chocolate syrup, fresh berries, or caramel sauce…. h.e.a.v.e.n!
You know what else I love? Cinnamon rolls. Thank you Cinnabon, you forever changed my life. But today I’m one-upping Cinnabon (no offense, I still love you!).
Recall for a moment your all-time favorite cinnamon roll experience. Cinnabon at the airport? Mom’s specialty on Christmas morning? Well combine that memory with a light and perfectly cooked crepe. Seriously! Cinnamon Roll . . . . CREPES. I would go out on a limb here and honestly tell you that I am convinced that these Cinnamon Roll Crepes are better than a traditional cinnamon roll. Try it for yourself, you mind will be absolutely blowwwwwn! And these are easier and less-time consuming that cinnamon rolls. BONUS. I’m in love. Absolutely head over heels in love.
- 3 cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 5 eggs
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1¼ cups half and half
- 1¼ cups water
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces cool whip, thawed
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix together all ingredients for the crepes and blend well until smooth. Heat a medium-large pan over medium heat and brush with oil. Pour ¼-1/3 cup batter into the pan and immediately tilt and turn pan to coat entire bottom of the pan with the batter. Cook about 45 seconds, then flip and cook another 45 seconds. Brush pan with oil again and repeat process with remaining batter.
- For the filling, use a hand mixer to mix together cream cheese, cool whip, and powdered sugar.
- For the drizzle, add butter and brown sugar to a small sauce pan and melt together stirring throughout over small sauce pan. Stir in vanilla and cinnamon and remove from heat.
- Put about ¼-1/3 cup of filling in the center of a crepe, roll it up tightly, and drizzle with cinnamon sauce. Repeat with remaining crepes.