Happy Cinco de Mayo! Woot Woot! It’s been a whole week of festivities at our house. Of course when I say festivities I mean a whole lot of Mexican-inspired food eating. I think I’ve had seven kinds of salsa, three kinds of guacamole, and four kinds of tacos. Basically? This is my heaven.
I like good old traditional, creamy guacamole. But I’ve developed a new love for chunky, stuffed, roasted corn guacamole. You can eat this with chips, a spoon (no judging here) or put it on tacos, enchiladas, tostadas, or anything you want! The best part is that in addition to being insanely delicious, it’s also insanely e-z. That’s a huuuge plus in my book. Now go whip up a batch of this guacamole and let the fiesta begin!
- 1 ear corn on the cob
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons cumin,divided
- 2-3 medium/large avocados
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 small tomato, diced
- ¼ cup diced onion
- ¼ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the grill. Brush the corn with butter, then sprinkle evenly with 1 teaspoon cumin. Grill about 5 minutes, turning throughout, until corn starts to char slightly. Remove from grill and use a sharp knife to cut off the kernels. Discard cob and seta side kernels.
- Pit your avocados and place avocado "meat" in a medium bowl. Mash with a fork until creamy but still has some texture. Add lime juice, cilantro, garlic powder, chili powder and mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Gently stir in tomatoes, onions, and corn. Serve immediately.
And today, I am celebrating with a few of my fellow bloggers to throw a special fiesta-themed baby shower for our friends Nikki and Alyssa. Be sure to check out all of their fun dishes today too by clicking on their links below!