These red white and blue crinkle cookies require just 5 ingredients and are perfect for Independence Day!
I’ve got the perfect last minute 4th of july treat for you today! Last minute because, well…. it’s July 3rd today… and the 4th is tomorrow…. so I’m sort of sharing these very last minute. But also, you can make these last minute! If you haven’t planned a fun treat for tomorrow and feel overwhelmed by trifles and cakes and pies, worry not because these cookies are the easiest thing everrr and you will love them.
The really awesome thing about these fun crinkle cookies is that they start with a box cake mix, so that cuts out a ton of ingredients and time for you. All you have to do is follow four simple steps:
1) Mix the dough
2) Color the dough
3) Chill the dough
4) Roll dough and bake.
Viola! Happy Independence Day!
- 1 box white cake mix
- ⅓ cup oil
- 2 eggs
- red, white, and blue food coloring
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Mix together cake mix, oil and eggs until dough comes together. Remove from bowl and divide dough into 3 approximately equal portions.
- Add one portion of the dough back to the bowl and add a few drops of red food coloring, mix, add more coloring if desired to reach preferred shade of red. Mix until color is evenly distributed throughout the dough. Take red dough out of the bowl and set aside.
- Repeat step 2 with another portion of dough and blue food coloring.
- Wrap each of the three sections of dough in plastic wrap and chill 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350. Place powdered sugar in a small bowl. Roll dough into 1½ inch balls, then roll the balls in the powdered sugar. Place 3 inches apart on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and all to cool 2-3 minutes on the baking sheet. Transfer to a cooling rack or clean surface and allow to cool completely. Store in airtight container.